Whew! What a week and a half.
I had planned to do a recap of our wonderful time in Vermont with our friends and family, but Hubs has the camera with him today so I can’t download the pics… 😦
We got back on Monday evening to a fixed and fully functioning septic tank! That means I can do dishes and laundry and all my other household tasks again… Once I get motivated! Also, that means I can flush the toilets… It’s the little things in life… Like running water and waste removal. 🙂
I am in a little fog with being back in Virginia. Neither of us wants to be back! We’re so happy back home, and for me, it takes a few days to shake off the sadness of being so far away.
That’s mostly why I didn’t blog at all yesterday.
And since I’m without the photographic evidence of our vacation, I’m feeling sort of random…
Random Hodge-Podge of Thoughts:
- I did gain weight on vacation; just a few pounds. I’m okay with it. I know why/when I eat without regard to my hunger. I know how to work on it and how to fix it. I also know that I haven’t been exercising much, or sleeping well. We’re starting P90X back up tomorrow. I think it’ll all be good.
- Our gardens grew out of control this past week!! We have clusters of tomatoes, more chard than you can shake a stick at and our broccoli plants are half my height!! Say nothing of a new batch or two of kale that I’ll be harvesting for dinner.
- It’s crazy hot here. I’m sweating just sitting at my computer. Try getting motivation to do housework in that heat. Yes, that means the A/C hasn’t been turned on yet. I’m waiting on the Money-Man to approve that!
- It’s my future sister-in-law’s birthday today! Happy Birthday Kathleen!!!
- We left the kayaks hull-side down on the deck when we were away… I’m scared a nest of black widows moved in. I’m scared I’ll get bitten while ‘yaking, but man do I see a trip out on the water in our future!!! (Okay, so we already have plans for that on Sunday afternoon… So I guess that means I’m not a clairvoyant.) (I just wanted to amend that to say buoyant clairvoyant, but realized how dorky that is… I am sharing it anyway.)
- My bank changed their online banking which REALLY fubar-ed my Mint.com process. This month of being the household-budget-queen will not be fun… Or will it…. HELLO SPREADSHEETS!
- Today’s a day full of chair massages… which I love and hate. I love them because it’s great for my body mechanics… I hate them because I’m still focusing on not using my thumbs and I used to use my thumbs more with that modality.
- Theron misses Vermont. He’s not happy about being back in the south. Something about the heat I suppose.
- We need to grocer quite badly… all we have is Cabot cheese and freezer items… And swiss chard and kale. 🙂
Alright, I’m off to have an early lunch… I’m thinking grilled cheese…