I dig balance.
I mean, I really really dig balance.
Not to say I achieve it, but it’s one of my favorite things. I try to make each part of each room of my home balanced. My favorite asanas are balance ones. I even loved the balance beam when I took gymnastics as a kid.
So since it tends to trend that Weight Talk Wednesdays are a little on the negative side, or feel like they have an edge of negativity, I like to balance that with being especially thankful the following day!
These things I am thankful for:
- Being able to pursue my dreams. I might not be where I want to be yet, with my massage practice, but I am able to pursue it and learn and grow.
- Skele-toes being an Amazon deal of the day last week. Hubs now looks like a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle, and I feel like a purple-footed penguin or something. They are fun and new and I love them already.
- The Husband. I wake up every day thankful for him and for our marriage. CORNY I KNOW! But it’s true. Most people who knew me before him would probably never.have.imagined me settling down. But almost 8 years later here I am!
- Remembering to own my attitude. I can chose EVERY minute of EVERY day how I’m going to feel (Well, with the exception of when my hormones take control, then it’s a fight a minute for me to keep control! 🙂 )… Why not chose to be happy? Or chose to find the lesson or blessing in those cruddy things that happen? No one is telling me I have to take clients cancelling as a sign I’m going to fail… Instead I can chose to take it as an opportunity to come up with new marketing plans and chose to look at the cancelled appointments as time to pursue those new plans… Which I wish I had thought of last week!! Hindsight!!
- Reading AliMc’s blog this morning. How romantic, sexy and most of all ballsy. I love it.
- I’m thankful for something that happened a few days ago. There’s a girl I went to school with, and I couldn’t help but notice how she’s looking so fit, and so healthy and it just makes me smile and so happy for her. A lot of times I will keep those thoughts to myself, because I don’t want to weird anyone out… but this time I decided to share that with her. I’m so glad I did!! A) It was nice to boost someone’s day, and B) She shared great insight into some of the stuff I’m dealing with and to me, that’s invaluable!!
- And finally, I’m thankful for vacation next month (15 days!). Our trip(s) home to Vermont will be our only vacations this year… so I’m very very much looking forward to doing some touristy stuff with Hubs, seeing family and friends and just relaxing a bit.
That’s what I’m thankful for, what are you?